Art Producer and Art Director.
President and CEO, YY ARTS Co.Ltd.
Since first encountering Contemporary Art back in early 90s in Europe, she has attended every Venice Biennale, Documenta, Skulpture.Projekte to date as art journalist, while enhancing her reputation by being appointed as an official judge at Ars Electronica (2004), Japan representative member of recommendation committee in Memorial Prints Project of Shanghai World Expo (2010), or invited as a lecturer to China Culture Licensing Fair in Shanghai (2015), also to Arts and Machine Learning Summit Paris (2016) held by Google.
Always standing side by side with each individual artist she supports and advocates young talents of Japanese art scene who otherwise struggle in lack of organized nurturing system, thus is also known as a “Cheerleader of Contemporary Art”. Meantime, she wrote seven books all on contemporary art published in Japan, teaches at two local universities and has established her own company, YY Arts, to scale up the activities to make a dent in the universe.
[Major Track Record]
Events served as Primary judge:
- ARS ELECTRONICA 2004
- 67th Art Exhibition in Yamaguchi Prefecture
- TERRADA ART AWARD (2014,2015)
- Golden Competition by Turner Color Works
- Emon Photo Award by Emon Photo Gallery
- CAF ART AWARD
- CAFFA ART AWARD
Events served as Primary produce:
- 12th Asian Tournament Official Program “Asian Art Now“ / Hiroshima City Museum of Contemporary Art（Japan） / 1994
- “TOKYO TRASH“（an art content for the member of So-net） / 1996-2006
- “29th International Film Festival Rotterdam“ Exploding Cinema section / 2000
- Kengo NAKAMURA“COMPOSITION TOKYO“ / CAI International GmbH（Hamburg ,Germany） / 2003
- “Kakegawa Contemporary Art Project“（Japan） / 2008-2014
- “LuYuShun Memorial symposium“ / National Art Museum of China（Beijing, China） / 2012
- “KAKEGAWA CHAENNALE“ / Kakegawa City, Shizuoka Prefecture（Japan） / 2015-2017
Events served as Primary lecture:
- “docmenta9“ lecture / 1992
- “Venice Biennale“ lecture / 1995
- “The journey to unusual space〜What is Modern Art?〜“ / The University of Tokyo
- Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies（Japan） / 1999
- “Toward the different dimension universe in near future / by Yoichiro Kawaguchi and Marvin Minsky / 2003
- “Net,Kids,Pop“ / Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications（Japan） / 2004
- “New Japan Style“ / Digital Hollywood University Graduate School（Japan） / 2007
- Special lecture / Kibi International University（Japan） / 2009
- “the present time of modern art in Japan“ / Art Beijing（Beijing , China） / 2012